Johnson Oil & Propane Company
The Johnson Oil Company of Gaylord has been serving Northern Michigan since 1954.
After returning to Northern Michigan from the Korean War and being denied his previous position with an oil company Dale Ellison Johnson worked odd jobs for several years before going on to found the Johnson Oil Company of Gaylord. After receiving a small loan from the Petoskey State Bank, Dale purchased his first gas station and shortly after his first fuel delivery truck. Dale chose to make his home in a location attached to the fuel station so he was able to offer 24 / 7 service to his customers. With his dedication to his job, the company began to grow and he was able to expand by building more fuel stations throughout Northern Michigan.